The TAP®3 Elite is the newest addition to the TAP family of appliances for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
What is TAP?
Based on the same principle as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), the TAP (Thornton Adjustable Positioner) was designed to keep the airway open to allow for air to pass. A constricted or collapsed airway causes snoring and OSA. The TAP device holds the lower jaw in a forward position, maintaining a clear airway to reduce snoring and improve breathing.
Each device consists of an upper and lower tray that fit over the teeth. The TAP 3 Elite features a simple hook mechanism attached to the upper tray that slides under a bar attached to the lower tray.
The Advantages of TAP 3 Elite
- Alleviate sleep apnea
- Reduce snoring
- Improve patient’s sleep
- Fit more comfortably in the mouth
- Smaller hardware providing more room for tongue and allows lips to close
- Allows a greater range of lateral movement
- Offers three hook sizes for an increased range of adjustment
- An adjustment key enables the patient to adjust the protrusion of the lower jaw while wearing the device until a comfortable and effective position is achieved.