Adult Braces in Lafayette
Six Month Smiles
Dr. Gina Liggio Maestri, DDS is Acadiana’s leading provider of Six Month Smiles, a revolutionary orthodontics system that can give patients incredible results in record time. Six Month Smiles belongs to a group of orthodontics known as cosmetic braces. Comprised of clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, Six Month Smiles uses low force to move the teeth that show when you smile. By focusing only on the front teeth, most patients complete treatment in as little as six months and without the discomfort and awkward appearance associated with traditional braces.
Clear aligners provide an ideal orthodontics solution to adults with mild-to-moderate spacing, crowding, and bite problems. Comprised of clear, plastic aligners that fit over the teeth and slowly move them into their proper placement, clear aligners offer several advantages:
- Nearly invisible so no one will know you’re straightening your teeth.
- The custom-fitted aligners will not irritate the soft tissues of your cheeks and gums like traditional metal braces.
- Fewer return visits to the dentist’s office.
- Since aligners can be removed for certain activities, you do not have to eliminate any foods from your diet and you can clean your teeth as you would normally.
Benefits of a Straighter Smile
Taking steps to correct spacing and alignment issues can benefit your overall well-being in several ways, including:
- Properly spaced teeth are easier to clean, which helps you avoid developing gum disease and tooth decay.
- Correcting bite and alignment issues can help you avoid developing a painful problem with your TMJs.
- Straight, symmetrical smiles look great and, according to a survey conducted by Kelton Research, can make you look smarter and more professional.
- Feeling confident about the appearance of your smile makes you want to smile more. This has a positive effect both on your mental health and on the attitudes of those around you.
Visit Your Lafayette Family Dentist
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Gina Liggio Maestri DDS, call our office at 337-704-2126. Our Lafayette dentist’s office proudly provides preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry services to families and individuals in Lafayette, LA, the Acadiana region.
Education is key
Education is a lifelong journey and a truly dedicated family dentist never stops learning. To this end, Dr. Gina Liggio Maestri DDS obtains 75-80 hours of continuing education every year, twice the state’s requirement. In addition, Dr. Maestri and her team focus on educating our patients through hands-on techniques and the open sharing of information. Well-informed patients tend to make better decisions when it comes to at-home dental hygiene and lifestyle choices that impact oral health. If you have any questions about family dentistry or feel that you need some professional guidance, please feel free to ask.